- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter and syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Do not use non-stick spray on the waffle iron; the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately with butter and syrup.
Website to the Recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/waffle-of-insane-greatness-recipe-1943589