1. How did you get into pageants?
So I actually have only participated in two pageants in my entire life! I decided to do Miss Tennessee USA two years ago (on a whim) and didn’t think I would ever do it again. i decided to give it another shot and never thought I had a chance; It’s a pretty cool thing that I can say that my mom and I are the only mother-daughter to ever win from the same state!
2. What made you decide to participate in Miss Tennessee?
I started praying about it and I just knew that it was time. It’s like a switch went off in my brain and I suddenly was 100% dedicated and determined to give this thing another go-around. And believe me, it’s terrifying! It’s not easy to prepare for these (mentally and physically) so I knew I had to want this more than I’d ever wanted anything before in order to win.
3. What were some of your first thoughts when you heard your name and you were crowned Miss Tennessee?
WHAT? WHY? WHAT IS LIFE? WHO AM I? OMG!
4. How did you decide you wanted to be apart of CMT TV show “Music City?”
It sort of all just fell into place. Jackson had told me that the producers were really interested in capturing our relationship and following me and my journey to becoming Miss Tennessee USA. So naturally I was all in!
5. What was your experience was being a part of “Music City?”
My experience with Music City has been full of ups and downs, surprises, tears, and LOT of laughs. This has been the experience of a lifetime, and I am thrilled that the world gets to fall in love with this city and it’s people!
6. When did you start your company “Ali and Things?”
I quit my corporate job to start Ali and Things back in August 2016.
7. Is there anything new coming up for “Ali and Things,” in 2018?
Yes!! Honestly I’ve taken a huge break from blogging because of the show/preparing for Miss USA. But I can assure you there will be plenty of new things coming up in the near future!
8. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years?
Traveling the world, writing a cookbook, designing a fashion line, WHO KNOWS! (But I do want to do all those things and more.)
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt