- Hi Jackson, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, before you joined the show “Music City” on CMT?
Before I joined CMT’s “Music City” I was just getting started in the
fitness industry in Nashville, TN. I had moved back home from Houston, TX
and was struggling to find my niche in town. No one really tells you how
weird/hard the time after college is, when you’re trying to lock down your career
and begin advancing yourself. I have always been into athletics and fitness.
It’s always been my first love. When there didn’t seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel, I turned to fitness and the rest is history.
- How did you get offered the job to be on “Music City?”
The opportunity was presented nearly a year ago when Adam DiVello’s (creator and EP) production company reached out to me about filming a docu-series in Nashville. I participated in numerous interviews and then eventually received a phone call from Adam asking me to be a part of the show!
- What was your experience on the show?
My experience on the show was one that I will never forget. Being one of two Nashville, TN natives on the show, it was very special for me to be put in the position to promote my hometown and the beautiful, booming city that is Nashville.
- How did you get into fitness and how did you decide you wanted a career in it? I got into fitness because of my love for sports. Football and baseball were my main two loves growing up. In high school I suffered numerous concussions, so when the last one occurred, I had to hang up my cleats and in turn, leaned on fitness and weight-training to fill the void of not being able to play sports. I was very stubborn when it came to getting into the fitness industry due to the idea of being an independent contractor, and it wasn’t until after college when I refused to work a desk-job that I decided to make the jump!
- Who are some of your favorite singers/groups right now?
The music I listen to is all over the place. I love country, rap, R&B, etc. John Mayer, Jason Aldean, Justin Timberlake, Drake, The Weeknd, Eric Church, Miguel… so many more…
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years?
In the next 5 – 10 years I see myself married with kids. Hopefully I’m owning my own gym where I can teach group fitness classes as well as train my personal clients. Still in Nashville, obviously!
- Is there anything else coming up with yourself for the rest of 2018?
I do not have a clear view of what the rest of 2018 looks like, but I have many goals left to accomplish, and hope to make some personal moves that will keep taking me in the direction that I’m trying to go!
- What is one of your favorite quotes? One of my favorite quotes is from my favorite movie, “The Shawshank Redemption,” “GET BUSY LIVING, OR GET BUSY DYING.”