- 500g cob loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g shortcut bacon rashers, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- 250g block cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (160ml) cream
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 French stick or baguette, sliced
Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Step 2Cut 4cm off top of cob loaf to form lid. Scoop bread from centre of loaf, leaving 1.5cm edge. Tear or roughly chop bread pieces.
Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is browned and onion has softened. Remove from heat.
Step 4Add chives to bacon mixture. Stir in creamed cheese. Mix until combined. Add cream, sour cream and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 5Spoon mixture into loaf. Arrange lid, bread pieces and sliced baguette in a single layer around loaf. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Step 6Sprinkle top of dip with extra chives. Serve warm.