- Hi Chris, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, before you became a country singer/songwriter?
A: Sure. I’m a small town kid from Pulaski/Lawrenceburg TN raised by my grandparents. Music was always around me and part of my life, but I was always into sports more growing up. Had a life changing experience when I had a near fatal car accident while working in 2007. Spent 28 days in a coma over a month in ICU and 4 months in a wheelchair. Was told I might not walk with out a limp. Had 22 surgeries. Somewhere in that time during the 20 months of rehab I taught myself to play the guitar a little better. One day the girl I dated at the time brought home a newspaper with an ad for a house band try out in Muscle Shoals. Called the guy hosting it, took a little convincing but he let me come out and I got the gig. Lost it 4 months later and starting recruiting my Nashville friends that are now road players for some of the hottest country acts out there. After playing for me in small town dive bars, they recruited me to come up to Nashville. I came took about 2 years of being called at 6:35pm for a 6:00pm gig before I got my own time slots.
- How did you become a country fan and how did you know you wanted a career in it?
A: My family has always been musically inclined. My grandparents played at small dance halls growing up, I was always there.
- Who are some of your musical icons?
A: Merle Haggard, Garth Books, John Rich, Jeffry Steele, Dierks Bentley, Travis Tritt, Toby Keith, Dolly Parton, Elvis, The Beatles, Eminem
- What is one of your favorite songs that you ever recorded?
- Is there anything coming up with your music for 2018?
A: Making as many people as I can smile, releasing new music. Playing more shows out west and playing as many stages as I possibly can spreading my own music.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years with your music?
A: Hopefully on a stage making people happy and smiling.
- If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group whom would it be and why?
A: Dolly Parton. Because it’s Dolly. And she’s a fellow Tennessean.
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
A: Sleep when you’re dead. Live while you’re here.
- Is there anything else you would like to share?
A: 2018 was a big year!! Climbed a mountain, cohosted John Rich’s 4-day CMA event with John. Released my first single. Was a Nash Next Finalist. Was an opening act was for Charlie Daniels at Talladega 500. Also opened for Dylan Scott, Chase Bryant, and many more.