- Hi Jo, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, before you became country musician?
- How did you get into country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it?
- Who are some of your musical icons?
- What is one of your favorite songs you ever recorded?
- Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2017?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years with your music?
- If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
- What is one accomplishment that you are most proud about that happened in your music career so far?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
1) I grew up on a farm in southwest Georgia. I listened to my Daddy’s vinyl record collection! (Will attach bio for more:)
2) Funny thing, I don’t remember making this decision because it’s just always been that way. I was singing solos at church when I was three years old!
3) KT Oslin and Bruce Springsteen
4) Dance Dirty- it’s so motown!
5) Just found out I’m a CMT Next Women of Country for 2018!! Also recording an acoustic record in December!!
6) I hope to have achieved the career pace of my dreams: live a little, write a little, record a little, tour a little, back to live a little. Maybe some kids and a home on the Jersey shore. I love it there. Also using my International Politics degree from Vandy in some way!
7) Bruno Mars- I just love his music and his dancing and his live show. We’d have a blast.
8) Having my grandparents who no longer travel be able to come see me perform at the Ryman Auditorium.
9) “Far and away, the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” -Teddy Roosevelt / “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”- JFK / “We have nothing to fear but fear itself.”- FDR / “I am the way, the truth and the life.” – Jesus