1. Hi Kayleigh & Kristin, can you tell me a little bit about yourselves before you guys became a country female duo?
2. How did you girls get into country music and how did you know you wanted careers in it?
3. How is working together as sisters?
4. Who are some of your musical icons?
5. What is the story behind your latest song “Tomorrow?”
6. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2017?
7. If you girls could sing a duet with a singer or group who would it be and why?
8. What are some of your favorite quotes?
9. Is there anything else you guys would like to share?
1. We’re sisters- Kayleigh is 25 and Kristin 23. We grew up in Reynoldsburg, OH and have been surrounded by music pretty much our whole lives because our dad is a musician. There’s not a time that we can remember where we weren’t singing together or performing. Our first performance was at City center mall when we were 6 and 8 years old. Our dad taught us to play the piano at a young age and bought us our first guitars in high school. We were in choir in school and did theatre. We started learning how to write our own songs from there. We just recently moved to Nashville to pursue out our dream of being singer-songwriters full time. We’ve been here for two months and love it!
2. We always say we didn’t choose music, but Music chose us. We couldn’t imagine doing anything else with our lives, and the fact that we share the same passion as sisters is just really special to us. Singing & songwriting has always been what we love the most and has been a way for us to vent and express ourselves.
3. We know each other really well (obviously HAHA) since we’re sisters, so it actually makes things easier because we think a lot alike!! We know each other’s strengths and weaknesses when we’re working together and that actually turns out to be a nice balance. A lot of sisters also have that sibling rivalry, but we’ve never really been that way. We’ve always been best friends and super close so it’s pretty rare when we argue. And if we do we get over it in like five minutes.
4. We both LOVE Carrie Underwood. She is goals vocally and I mean have you seen her legs? Haha But in all seriousness, we love her music! We also really admire Maddie & Tae, Maren Morris, and Kelsea Ballerini. All these women are killing it in Country Music right now and we’re all about that girl power!
5. A good friend of our Mom’s was diagnosed with Primary Mediastinal lymphoma awhile back and throughout her chemo she took a picture of herself every single day to document her progress. She really wanted to give hope to those who are going through the same thing or something similar , and so she created a video to share her story using the photos. She then asked us to write a song for the video, and so that’s where the idea sprouted. We wanted to help spread her message to always believe in a better tomorrow.
6. Yes! We were actually selected to be on the Nashville Dreamin Country Volume 1 Album through an online songwriting contest. Our song, “Never Been Kissed” will be on the album along with 10 other artists’ songs. The album will release November 24th! We’re super excited about it.
7. Dan and Shay! We love their music and harmonies!! We saw them live once and have become life long fans ever since!
8. We really like “She believed she could so she did” because it is so true. We’ve learned first hand, if you believe in yourself and work hard, you can accomplish more than you ever thought possible. Another quote we love is “She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.” A lot of people take life too serious and we like to just have fun and enjoy the ride throughout the crazy times.
9.We just wanted to thank you for taking the time to listen to our music! We really appreciate it and we want to keep making music that means something to people- that people can relate to and love.