1. Hi Haley, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became country singer?
I grew up with a musical theater background, and it wasn’t until about the age of 14 when I started writing my own songs. From there, my style of writing fell into country pretty naturally. I love the idea of telling a story through a song, and I think country music does that best.
2. How did you get into country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it?
It’s funny because at first, I fought so hard against the idea of being “country”. I had a very specific stereotype of it in my head that was completely out of line. But as I kept writing, playing shows, and growing as an artist, I found my niche. After playing shows with local country stations and seeing the fans respond, I knew I was where I was meant to be.
3. Who are some of your musical icons?
Right now some of my favorites are Liz Longley, Kelsea Ballerini, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Devin Dawson. All time favorites would have to be John Mayer and Bruno Mars.
4. What has been one of your favorite songs to record?
I would say that “Oughta Be,” which is a new song for my upcoming EP, has been my favorite to record so far. It was the first time I recorded a song with my current band, and it just came together exactly how I envisioned it.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2017?
I am planning to release a new single and EP by the end of the year. So stay tuned for that!
6. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years with your music?
Hopefully performing on stage, on tour, making people smile. Performing live is absolutely my favorite thing in the world, so I hope I get to keep doing that for a long time.
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
I would have to say John Mayer or Bruno Mars. Both are huge inspirations to me, and I think I could learn a lot from them. Plus it would just be the most surreal moment of my life!
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Though she be but little, she is fierce!” – Shakespeare
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
I hope that fans can connect with my music and relate to my messages. I truly believe music will save the world.