1. Hello, can you give me a little bit of background of your apparel line?
When you’re chasing down a dream, wherever that road may lead you, it’s your mentality that can make or break you. Caliville is a lifestyle about being care-free, knowing that you’re doing everything in your power to succeed. You create the world you live in, so stay positive, be present, and enjoy the ride.
2. How did you decide on the name “CALIVILLE,” and was there any other names that you were thinking about?
Brett Young approached me about wanting to start a lifestyle brand. We had been working together on a few projects for him as an artist at the time, but he wanted something that could live outside his music. After hearing about a couple of the more monumental decisions he made in his life, moving to LA and later to Nashville in the pursuit of songwriting, the name just kind of came to us.
3. Where do you see “CALIVILLE” in the next 5 to 10 years?
We’re planning on extending the line to shirts and other garments. We’re really excited to start creating a lot of limited edition designs.
4. What are a few accomplishments that you are most proud about so far for “CALIVILLE?”
We’re only 7 months old as a company, so we’re still relatively new, but I love seeing our hats on people at shows or walking around Nashville. I’ve had so many people ask to buy a CALIVILLE hat off my head when I’m out and I normally just end up giving it to them. I bet there are at least 20 hats out there that came straight off of my head, haha.
5. Has any famous country artists worn your hats?
We’ve had a lot of support from our community in Nashville. Brett (Young) wears them out on the road quite a bit. I make sure I get some gear in the hands of my artist friends, so hopefully, they wear them!!
6. What is one of your favorite event (s) to be part of?
Summer Country Music festivals!!
7. Is there anything new coming up with your company for the rest of 2017?
We have a ton of new gear we will be rolling out in the next month and we’re going to be doing some really cool giveaways when we launch the new line!
8. What is the first item you ever made for this company?
We did a very small run of hats and hoodies and gave them to all of our friends. This was way before we actually formed the company.
9. What advice would you give to an up and coming apparel company?
Find other creatives to collaborate with. It’s a tough industry, but it can be much easier if your surround yourself with like minded people all working towards a common goal.
10. What is one of your quotes?
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
– John Lennon