1. Hi Ladies, can you tell me a little bit about yourselves before you became a country music group?
We were all pursuing music as solo artists before we met! We all grew up loving music and although we didn’t know each other then, we feel like sisters now. Cadence is from Whitby, Ontario, Stacey is from Wardsville, Ontario and Ann is from Deep River, Ontario.
2. How did you girls get into country music and how did you girls know you wanted a career in it?
For the most part we all grew up listening to country. We are all from small town Ontario, where you don’t even realize how much country you’re hearing! It’s on at the grocery store, the bank and school dances. As we got older we all appreciated it more and more. It very much influenced the kind of music we wrote. Being in this genre just felt right for us.
3. How did you come up with your group name?
It wasn’t easy! We knew we wanted “Angel” in the name somehow and although a few other names were thrown around, Runaway Angel made the final cut!
4. Where do you guys see yourselves in the next 5 to 10 years with your music?
We see ourselves busy with writing, performing and helping to nurture the Canadian music scene!
5. Who are some of your girl musical icons?
There are so many! Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Shania Twain and Reba are a few.
6. Is there anything else coming up new for 2017?
Yes! We are about to head to Europe. We have shows in Germany, Holland and Denmark. We also have our Sophomore album slated for release by the end of the year.
7. What are a few of your favorite quotes?
“Coookkkiiie!” – The cookie monster
8. If you girls could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
We all love Garth Brooks, so that would be unbelievable. We would also love to sing with The Washboard Union! They are outstanding musicians and even better people.