1. Hi Jordyn, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country artist?
2. How did you get into country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it?
3. Who are some of your musical icons?
4. What is the story behind your latest single “I Found Faith (and Tim)?”
5. If you could do a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
6. What are 3 things that you love about living in Nashville?
7. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest 2017?
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
9. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years with your music career?
1. I can’t really remember I time when I didn’t want to be a country artist. I guess the defining moment would be when I officially moved to Nashville. I moved here right after graduating high school a year early so I had just turned 17. Before that, I lived in a very small town in Mississippi and juggled school/sports like any other kid- The only difference was that my job on the weekends was playing shows.
2. I performed for the 1st time when I was 5 years old. I got into singing gospel music because my grandmother always sang in church. Then I heard Faith Hill and that changed everything for me. Then I wrote a poem that I then turned into a song. Then I took my first trip to Nashville. There are so many little puzzle pieces that brought me to where I am- I don’t really remember a time when I didn’t want to be a country music singer. I was just so young and thought it was no big deal. I really just wish I could go back to those times and be a fly on the wall.
3. Faith Hill for sure. Also Elvis Presley. My hometown is very close to Tupelo, MS where he was born. Bryan Adams will always be one of my favorites.
4. Everything in the song is pretty much how it happened. I heard Wild One on the radio and it changed everything for me. I recently went to see Faith & Tim play at the Ryman in Nashville and wrote the song not long after that. It’s just one of those songs that’s such a huge part of my story and so special to me that I had to release it.
5. That’s a tough one! I love Bryan Adams and it would really just make my life complete to do a duet with him.
6. 1. There’s music everywhere! That’s probably the coolest part about being here. 2. Chuy’s(of course) 3. I’m only 4 hours from home which means it’s pretty easy for me to see my family often. Probably should have made this one #2.
7. I’m just keeping on keeping on. I feel lucky to be able to do what I do. I am focusing a lot on content online so there will definitely be a good many cover videos coming your way! Also, I just got some new merch! There are Southern Belle shirts in my online store at www.jordynmusic.com/store
so check them out!
8. One of my favorites is a Maya Angelou quote. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
9. Gosh.. When I dream, i dream BIG. I want it all. I want to be touring and playing shows anywhere and everywhere that will have me. At the end of the day, if I can make a living doing what I love, I’ll be more than happy