- Hi Sierra can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?
Well, I was 11. So, I was your standard dorky pre-teen. haha
- How did you get into country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it?
I have always loved a variety of genres, but I was particularly drawn to country music. I love the way the songs are structured, the storytelling, the wittiness and the culture that surrounds country music. When I was 12, I watched a music performance on TV and it inspired me to learn to perform, play instruments, write songs… So, I asked my parents for a guitar. After having my guitar for a little over a week I wrote my first song, and I was hooked. I wanted to learn as much as I could about all things music related.
- Who are some of your musical icons?
Dwight Yoakam, Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift, Amy Winehouse
- Is there anything new coming up with your music for 2017?
New music will be released soon. I should have a date decided within a few weeks.
- If you could sing a duet with a singer or group whom would it be and why?
I would love to sing with Chris Stapleton. Many people have said they’d love to hear that. Our styles would mesh well I think. It would also be fun to collaborate with Maddie & Tae.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years in your music career?
5 – 10 years: I hope to be well settled in Nashville, in the music industry and have a several tours and albums under my belt.
- What is one accomplishment that you are most proud of so far about your music career?
I’ve been able to meet some incredible people and write with some very respected writers.
- If you were not a country singer what do you think your career would be?
I actually couldn’t imagine not being a country artist. There is no plan B, but I’m fascinated with Genetics and how the brain works. So, if I weren’t a country artist, I’d do something in Neuroscience or Genetics.
- If you had to give advice to another singer or group what would you tell them?
My advice would be: Find your own sound. Don’t try to be someone else.
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” ― Haruki Murakami
“There’s a difference between being famous and being successful and I’ve always wanted to be successful.” – Selena Gomez