- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- ½ cup Nutella™ hazelnut spread with cocoa (from 13-oz jar)
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts (filberts), if desired
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar or decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease large cookie sheet, or line with cooking parchment paper; set aside. Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 13×8-inch rectangle. Spread hazelnut spread evenly over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, reserving 1 tablespoon for topping.
- Roll up dough starting at longest side, pinch to seal.
- Place seam side down lengthwise in middle of cookie sheet.
- Using sharp knife, slice dough lengthwise to form 2 halves.
- Twist halves together with cut sides of dough facing up. Shape into circle; gently pinch ends together. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar and reserved hazelnuts.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.