1. Hi Alex, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?
When I was growing up in Albuquerque, New Mexico I was always drawn to do creative things in my community, that eventually led me to pursue my dreams as a musician. When I was in grade school and high school I loved being choir, musicals, local talent shows and community theatre. There wasn’t a huge music community where I grew up so I naturally gravitated towards whatever opportunities there were to be able to perform and sing on stage.
2. How did you get into country music?
I grew up listening to Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Alison Krauss and the Dixie Chicks, so I always loved it. The first time that I really started to fall in love with country music was when my family and I went to the CMA Music Festival in Nashville for the first time when I was in high school. After that trip, I was so enchanted by the way that country music could gather people from all across the country to get together to have fun and celebrate life in one city. I came back home after that trip and started to really dream big about one day being able to pursue music.
3. Who are some of your musical icons?
I have always been inspired by the music my parents played when I was little. I have always been so inspired by James Taylor, Stevie Nicks, and Carole King. I would definitely also say Dolly Parton and Keith Urban.
4. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years?
I will always be making music, I would love to be touring, meeting people from all across the world through my music, and being able to connect with as many fans and listeners as possible. It would be such a gift to get to live my dreams with my team, family and friends.
5. If you could do a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
Definitely James Taylor, Keith Urban, or Katy Perry. They all have just been huge inspirations for me musically and it would be an honor.
6. What is one of your favorite songs that you ever recorded?
I really loved recording my current single “Runaways” because it is unlike any song i’ve recorded before.
7. Is there anything new coming up with your music for 2017?
Yes! I’ll definitely be playing alot more live shows in and around Nashville and putting out some new fun projects!
8. If you were not a country singer what do you think your career would be?
I’d be in the Air Force and be a fighter pilot like my dad or a doctor!
9. If you had to give advice to an up and coming musician what would you tell them?
I would definitely say, to never give up. If this is something you love and it makes you happy, you owe it to yourself and the people you love to chase a life worth living even through all of the ups and downs.
10. What is one of you favorite quotes?
“There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” – William Barclay