1. Hi Heather, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a musician?
I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA and had dreams of becoming an actress…. until I picked up a guitar.
2. How did you know you wanted to become a country singer?
I played in cover bands around Virginia Beach, VA and had a bluesy/country sound in my original music. When I moved to Los Angeles, I was writing pop songs for other artists but the songs never really felt authentic until I sat down with my guitar with some country ideas by myself. The song ideas were just flowing. Plus I fell in love with line dancing.
3. Who are some your musical icons?
I looooove Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Miranda Lambert, Heart, Aerosmith, Sheryl Crow, Led Zeppelin, Loretta Lynn
4. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years in your music career?
Making a living doing what I love…..music (whether its writing, recording, performing, or touring)
5. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
STEVEN TYLER!! I’ve seen Aerosmith probably 4 times live in concert and every time he is on stage he kills it. That man could be singing the alphabet and make it sound good lol.
6. Is there anything new coming up with your music for 2017?
I’ve been writing and recording new music, so I will be releasing an EP or maybe a full album 😉
7. If you had to give advice to an up and coming musician what would you tell them?
Work on your art, your craft, yourself. Educate yourself on the business and the knowledge of music. There are people who will promise you things and people who will try to take advantage of you. The more you know and can do yourself the better off you will be.
8. What is background of your latest single “Only You?”
The song actually started with just me and me keyboard one night when I was sad over a guy and trying to get him off my mind (lame i know lol). I just had the verse melody and some lyrics. I brought the song to my long time co-writer and friend Tim Roberts. We finished the song and recorded a piano/vocal version. For the longest time, I didn’t know what to do with the song. One day I sent it to my friend/producer Bryce Bordone in Virginia and he worked his magic making it what it is now.
9. If you were not a singer what do you think your career would be then?
I’ve never really imagined myself without music. I sort of made a promise to myself I wasn’t going to have a back up option. I would imagine I would be writing for others. Or possibly an entertainment lawyer….. If i never got into music, I would probably be a pharmacist.
10. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love the beach. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, working out, going out and exploring or just staying inside and watching movies in my PJs. 🙂
11. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky