1. Hi Micks you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became country singer?
As long as I can remember I’ve always been a country singer! My love for singing started at a very young age. I sang in choirs at schools performing concerts. My first instrument I learnt was a Flute and I used to busk and donate the money to charity! I then taught myself how to play the guitar, which was the start of my song writing.
2. How did you know you wanted to sing country music?
It’s no so much singing country music for me, as it is writing country music. I love Country music because the songs tell a story. I love being able to tell stories through my music.
3. Who are some of your musical icons?
Faith Hill, Avril Lavigne, Marie Fredrickerson, Kelly Clarkson, Phil Collins, The Corrs and Carrie Underwood!
4. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years with your music career?
I hope to have songs I’ve written for other artist being played on the radio and be performing songs I have released to my audience.
5. If you were not a singer what do you think your career would be?
I am currently studying Communications (Marketing, Public Relations) and Audio Engineering at University, so soon I will not only be a Singer but also a University graduate!
6. If you could sing a duet with a singer or group who would it be and why?
This is such a difficult question because I admire so many artists and so many bands, it’s so hard to choose! Although I wouldn’t say no to Sam Hunt…for obvious reasons…plus when I’m driving in the car singing along to his CD, we harmonise “Leave the Night On” and “Speakers” well together, haha!
7. What is your favorite song off your EP “Have Faith?”
‘New Life’ holds a very special place in my heart because it is my first US Country Radio single. Also, when I released ‘New Life’ in Australia, I released it in support of the White Ribbon Foundation, donating sales to the amazing charity.
8. Is there anything new coming up in your career? 2016? 2017?
Yes! I am currently recording a new single, which I am SO excited about!
9. If you had to give advice to an up and coming singer what would you tell them?
Don’t listen to anyone’s negativity and don’t give up your dream, especially if anyone tells you no – fight for you dream and keep going until you get there!
10. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.” – Eleanor Roosevelt