- Hello Natasha, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?
Hi Danaille! Well to be honest, singing is all I know. I started at such a young age and have been singing ever since! I have been lucky enough to have experienced so many incredible things through my musical journey thus far. It’s definitely made me the person I am today.
- How did you decide you wanted to become a country musician?
I grew up listening to country music. Shania Twain was my very first concert I attended and my first major performance was opening up for Carrie Underwood at the Merritt Mountain Music Festival in front of 30,000, when I was just 13! I’ve been singing country since a very young age so it’s always been a part of me.
- If you could a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
This is so hard to answer because I love so many artists! But the person that comes to mind off the top of my head is Carrie Underwood. She’s an artist I’ve looked up to for a long time and it would be unreal to sing alongside her.
- Is there anything new coming up in your career? 2016? 2017?
Definitely! I’m looking forward to lots of exciting things, one of which being my EP being released next year! I’ve been working hard on songs for this EP and I can’t wait to share them with the world.
- What is one of your biggest accomplishments so far in your career that you are the most proud of?
I’ve been blessed with so many amazing opportunities in my musical career thus far. From opening up for major artists, singing for major sports teams, being apart of the UK X Factor and singing at Wembley Stadium, having two Top 20 pop songs in Canada with my old band and so much more. I’m proud of so much!
- Who are some of your musical icons?
I have so many! Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Celine Dion, Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera…. just to name a few!
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years in your career?
I hope to have a few albums out and I hope to be able to touch lives and help people throughout my journey, with music.
- If you had to advice to an up and coming artist what would you tell them?
Never give up! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve your dream.
- How did you decide that you wanted “Rebound” to be your single?
My co-writers and I wrote many, many songs in Nashville. “Rebound” always stood out to me as a favorite for the first single and I was so happy that my team felt the same way!
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Let go and Let God”
- What do you like to do in your free time?
When I’m not busy singing or working on music, I love to be at home! I’m definitely a homebody. I also love taking dance classes and I attend church on weekends!