- Hi Lauren, if you could tell me a little about yourself before you became a country singer?
– I come from a musical family so music has always been a love and passion of mine but not so much country music. I grew up doing theatre and have been on the stage since the age of 10. It wasn’t until the past few years that I started focusing on my own music.
- When did you know that you wanted to become a country singer?
– I was introduced to the country music world when I was in college. I worked for a company based out of Nashville that focus on country music and I fell in love with it. It wasn’t until about 2 years ago though that I really knew this world was where I wanted to be!
- Who are some of your musical icons?
– I have so many both country and not. I love Carrie Underwood, Grace Potter, Alanis Morissette, Stevie Nicks and Cassadee Pope to name a few.
- What has been one of your favorite venues to play at?
– Starland Ballroom in Sayreville NJ has probably been the biggest room we’ve played so far and it is so much fun! I got to open up for Justin Moore there!
- When you are opening up for a famous country singer or group have you learned anything from them to help with your own music career?
– Of course! What better lesson then watching a pro perform! With that being said I still try to be authentic to who I am.
- If you were not singer what do you think your career would be?
– I always wanted to be a lawyer.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years in your music career?
– Hopefully on the road touring and making lots of records!
- What has been one accomplishment so far in your music career that you are most proud of?
– I’ve come a really long way in a very short period of time. Have played some major shows, opened for some big name artists and released an EP. Even I sometimes forget that I’m still the new kid on the block!
- Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2016 or 2017?
– Well as I said before I just released my debut EP “Hear Me” so we are in full promo mode for that and also writing new music never stops. We also have some shows booked as well and hope to be playing many more shows!
- What do you like to do in your free time?
– What’s free time??? Haha no just kidding. I love to hang with friends or binge watch TV.
- If you have to give advice to an up and coming country artist what would you tell them?
– Well I am still one myself but I guess it would be to work hard and don’t give up. I tell that to myself everyday!
12. What is one of your favorite quotes?
– “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”