- Hello Nick, could you give me a little background of your life, before you became a country singer? Well I played a lot of sports in high school and college, and was actually the front man to a Christian Rock/pop band before we disbanded and then I became a solo act.
- What made you want to become a country musician? It is the most comfortable for me to do. I am from the south, a small town in East Tennessee, so the small town lifestyle and country music was prodominant to me.
- Who are some of your musical icons? I love Justin Timberlake, Boys Like Girls, Travis Tritt, Randy Travis, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, The Fray, U2, Michael Jackson.. So many more.. But those are a few.
- What is your favorite song on your latest EP “Tailgate Dance Floor?” My favorite song is “Tailgate Dancefloor.” I wrote it about my truck… Aka my baby hahaha!!
- If you could do a duet with a famous singer or band who would it be and why? Luke Bryan, big fan of his and his music. I think it would be a killer track
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years in your music career? Hopefully playing in arenas with radio success.
- What has been one of your biggest accomplishments that you are most proud of? Anytime I write a song that doesn’t suck I consider it a big accomplishment haha, but releasing “Tailgate Dancefloor” to country radio was a huge accomplishment
- If you had to give an advice to an up and coming musician what would you tell them? Work hard, do not get discouraged, and make the best music you possibly can.. Do not settle. Great music will find a way quicker that not great music.
- When you are not working on your music, what do you like to do in your free time? I love to golf and travel. The beach, theme parks, or sporting events are my 3 favs. I am a HUGE fan of the university of Alabama.
- What has been your favorite venue to play at?I know it’s crazy, but 12th and Porter is my favorite venue. Not to big and not to small.. Holds plenty of people and still intimate. The sound and lighting there are great as well
- What are some of your favorite things about Nashville? The community. Nashville will make you the best you that you can be. Everyone here is better than you, so it forces you to either get better to have a shot. Or choose another career haha
- Do you have any upcoming news you can share about your career for the rest 2016 or 2017? We are currently in the process of selecting the next batch of songs for a new ep.. We will start recording at the end of the year, release a new single sometime in February, then release the new ep in May. I am really excited about it.
Artist Spotlight: Nick Hickman
Nick Hickman is from Knoxville, Tennessee. He moved to Nashville in 2014. Nick’s musical icons are Justin Timberlake, Travis Tritt, Luke Bryan and The Fray. In 2016, Nick released an EP called “Tailgate Dance Floor.” The EP contains his well-known single “Summertime Southern Style.” His second single “Rain” which is out right now, is also gaining popularity. Ryan had the chance to work with producer Colin Brittain on his EP. Brittain has produced music for the band 5 Seconds of Summer and singer Sonia Leigh. He also worked with Jeff Zacharski who is a producer, mixer and award-winning songwriter. Zacharski has worked with artists like John Legend and Mike Posner. “Tailgate Dance Floor” is currently on the Top 100 Nashville’s Music Row Chart and is being played on many popular country music stations throughout the United States. His latest single “Rain” is a strong ballad that showcases what Nick is capable of doing with his vocals.
If you want to hear more about Nick Hickman music then check it out on Spotify and ITunes. Also for any upcoming news about him, you can view this website: www.nickhickman.com/.
Social Media Accounts:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thenickhickmanvideos/