- What is your earliest memory of singing as a child?
It would probably have to be when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I started piano lessons and I remember singing along to the songs we would play. But, as far as my first show, it would have to be the when I sang the Yellow Rose of Texas during a piano recital.
- At what age did you write your first song and what was it about?
Well, I think I was probably 10-11 years old. My friend came over (Who liked to sing too) and we were having a sleep over. It was pretty late into the evening and we were supposed to be in bed but we sat in my closet and wrote a little tune. I can’t remember exactly what it was about but I’m sure it was something along the lines of a first crush.
- Who has been your favorite group or singer that you’ve done a show with?
Jeez. That’s tough. But, I’d have to give that to Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard. Those will be nights I will never forget. Well, and I can never forget getting to sing with The Oak Ridge Boys.
- If you could give advise to an up and coming country musician, what would you tell them?
Well, it isn’t my advice but it’s something I will live by…Dolly once said, take every opportunity you are given. For me that meant no matter how big or small it is, it’s a chance to show people who you are. I’d also say, if you love what you do and work hard at it you will succeed. So, when you have others tell you that you can’t do it or tell you no, remember there will always be someone who will say yes. But, don’t forget that things will only happen if you work hard for them.
- What was it like to perform with Country Legends like Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, and Ray Price..?
Those experiences made me into the person I am today. I learned so much about what I could do and was given so much advice from all of the Legends. They have done it all and I hope one day I get to be called a Legend too. I am so thankful for all the moments I had with each of them.
- What were your favorite memories from The Voice and if you would you do it all over again if you had the chance?
It’s really hard to narrow down my favorite parts because I loved it all. I loved the family that us contestants became. I loved working with Blake SO much. I loved the outfits, makeup, interviews, and hair, just about everything! I wouldn’t ever want to do it over again because it happened the way it was suppose to happen. I have zero regrets and I’m thankful for everything it taught me and the friendships I’ve gained.
- Other than your own music, what other musicians have you been listening to and what are your favorite songs of the summer?
Man, there are so many! I listen to so many different genres. Brett Young, Jon Pardi, Dierks Bentley, Cam, Raelynn, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Dan + Shay…just to name some country artists. I also love Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, Shawn Mendes, Fifth Harmony…you name it! But, as far as songs go, I love Different For Girls, From The Ground Up, Humble and Kind, the entire Jon Pardi album, Can’t Stop The Feeling; Send My Love (To Your New Lover)…There’s so many!
- If you could do a duet with anyone, who would it be and why?
Right now I’d have to say Dierks. I just recently saw his show and I was blown away at his singing and also how he can entertain. It was amazing! I think our voices would mix nicely too.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 to 10 years?
Ooo that is a big question. Hopefully headlining my own tour. Maybe winning awards…even maybe a Grammy. (Fingers Crossed) I just want to do what I love and that is to sing and perform. So I hope I get to do it for the rest of my life.
- When you are not busy with your music career, what do you do in your free time?
Well, my sister and I live together so we hangout all the time! I also love to hangout with my friends when I’m in town. We go to shows, we bowl, we roller skate. We just like to have fun and spend time all together! I do enjoy working out too. My mom and I are like workout buddies. It’s great.